Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lazy Blogger

When life gets busy, I tend to push my needs to the background. I admit blogging brings me great pleasure, but since it's not a necessity in life, I neglect it.  Like exercise, I know I would function better, get more done, feel better and have more to give if I just gave a little to myself first.

You may see a change in the types of posts. Oh, it'll still be on food, cooking, environmental consciousness and living frugally, but Mama Bear's gotten fat! A year of stress eating has taken its toll, and I now weigh more than I've ever weighed except when I was pregnant or postpartum. Even my family is telling me to stop working on the sweeter side of cooking and start working on the healthier side.

Unless I want fat to be my future and fat to be my fate, I need to realign the paradigm of my cooking universe. In the last 2 years I have become really good at desserts. My pastries, cakes, brownies, cheesecakes, etc have all gotten to the divine level of yumminess, but my hips can attest that I have no willpower. If it's in the house, I will eat it until it's gone. 

Let's see how far I can push my creativity and learn to cook a large diversity of healthy main dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment