Friday, February 26, 2010

New UCBR Auction Soaps #24-26

It's been a few days, and these have been sitting in my laundry room curing a bit before I cut into them. I have 2 more batches in the freezer - otherwise they won't come out of their fancy molds - making my total 28 soaps!!

Okay, so it's not my high goal of 30, but it's certainly more than my low goal of 24. As long as the total soap in the basket weighs 100 ounces, it'll all be good. A year of soap has been made!

  • #24 (top left) - Oatmeal Buttermilk & Honey: after one failed attempt, it came out beautiful and smells great too. I made a 2 lb batch, since a friend wanted a pound, but I'll still have a couple of bars left to sample.
  • #25 (top right) - Pumpkin Soap: Since my carrot juice soap (one of the fancy mold soaps in the freezer) looked so lovely, I wanted to try a batch of pumpkin. Lightly scented w/ ginger and nutmeg, like pumpkin pie, the beta carotene will be great for the skin.
  • #26 (bottom) - Flowering Herbs & Chamomile: I started by infusing the olive oil w flowering herbs, such as lavender, chamomile, jasmine, rose petals, and caldendula. For 2 days, the herbs steeped in the oil with heat being occasionally applied. I scented the soap w/ German chamomile oil to make it smell like apple blossoms, and then swirled it blue. Very pretty and smells like spring! But the great thing about it will be it's healing properties.
Hopefully by Sunday, I'll have pics of the last 2. But the UCBR Auction Gala is April 17. If you want these soaps, be prepared to bid. One basket will be for the silent auction, and the other for the live auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment